Skin tags and warts are both benign skin growths. Skin tags are those small, extra growths found mostly in regions of the body where the skin folds like armpits, eyelids, neck and groin region.
These skin tags are harmless and found in both men and women. Their cause is not unknown, but it causes discomfort to some people as it may hurt when rubbed with clothing and skin. This is when and why people want to remove their skin tags.
What are warts?
Warts are found on the skin or in mucous membranes. They can cause lots of cosmetic problems, pain and discomfort to the person with the warts. The people affected by warts are mostly children and teenagers. Warts appear after 2 to 9 months of infection of the human papilloma virus with an excessive growth of skin. Most of these warts tend to disappear on their own, within two years’ time.
Once again, people having warts want to remove them for cosmetic reasons as they can look unattractive on hands and feet. The most common and fastest methods for removing warts is through surgical methods using a laser, knife or cryotherapy.
Home remedy options
However if you want to avoid all this, and have the patience to wait for a skin tag wart to fall after a few weeks, it is possible to begin applying a war remover. There are many natural remedy options you can try.
- Warts should be treated in a given area so that they don’t spread. If you have a wart on your face, or anywhere else that you shave, stop shaving till the wart disappears. If you shave there is a chance for the scraping to spread the wart virus.
- Try soaking feet in warm water for 15 minutes and then dry them. Using a cotton ball, apply apple cider vinegar to the skin tags and warts and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Wash off and dry; do this for at least 7 days to see results.
- Take a small cube from a potato and place it on the skin tag wart and cover with a tape or bandage. Leave this on for about 4-7 days as the potato decomposes, the wart and skin tag turns black and gradually falls off.
- Try dissolving an aspirin using a small drop of water, and apply this mixture to the wart or skin tag. Use a band-aid to cover the skin tag wart. This has to be repeated twice daily for faster and better results.
- Another effective home remedy for skin tags and warts is mixing some baking soda with water, and rubbing on them 3-4 times a day. You could also soak a gauge piece with baking soda and castor oil mixture, and apply the gauge to the skin tags and warts. Secure the gauge with a band aid and leave it on overnight.
All these home remedies are effective in removing skin tags and warts. You just have to believe in them, and have the patience to wait until they fall off on their own accord.